BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Butterflys - Transition

When we decide to change we under go a transition. There is no better symbol of transitions than a butterfly. The butterfly undergoes massive transitions, considering it goes from egg, to caterpillar, to the chrysalis or cocoon, and to the butterfly.

While we never undergo such an extensive change, but we do transition in phases of ourselves and our lives. Going from each stage in our lives we slowly change ourselves from what we once were into our own beautiful butterfly. Our spirit and inner self are the parts of us to undergo the most transitions. The butterfly has been used as a symbol of the soul by many religions and many parts of the world.

Even the slow changes and slow transitions between the you now and the you that you'd like to become can be expressed by the symbol. Change doesn't happen over night. It is a gradual and beautiful thing.

While this was my major inspiration in the past week, I created a Butterful Zun Scarf.

ZUN SCARF

The crocheted Butterfly Stitch down both sides the Zun Scarf

Approximately 8foot long by 3inches wide.

A small rainbow holds the two sides of the Butterfly Zun Scarf together.

Hand sewn rainbow of "Butterflies" up the bottom of both sides of the scarf. The bottom is crocheted in an open "grid" looking stitch.

My signature on all these scarves, the word ZUN on the back of one end.
I loved this Zun scarf. After my reading on butterflies I had to incorporate it into one my inspirations. This scarf ended up a gift also. These scarves are being made to inspire people, and before I even finish them it seems I know who needs that inspiration.

Quote(s): "Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time."
-Deborah Chaskin

"The fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect climate changes on the other side of the planet."
-Paul Erlich

0 comments: