BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Continuing

Trying to keep up on everything you start isn't always easy. Making time in a 24hour day for everything you need to do isn't always possible. Especially for a young stay at home mom. But I am working hard to continue my good habits. Recently exercise hasn't been easy since I got sick. But I have continued on with my better eating habits.

One habit I need to focus on "catching" is to eat more fruit in the morning and drink more water. I fell into an old habit of drinking Coffee too often and it's a hard habit to break. I love my morning coffee more than anything else, but I know it isn't as healthy as nice fresh fruit. I just need to get into the habit of fruit before coffee.

I have continued to better myself if other ways recently. I have desired to continue my education for a while, but being a single mother made it hard (if not impossible) to do. I did find a way around this though, now that we are stable I have enrolled in an online college (so I can go to school and care for my daughter) for classes on being a Forensic Computer Examiner.

I am excited to get ahead in my own life this way. To prove to myself that I can take these steps forward in my life and to excel and still be the best mother I can. I haven't been brave enough to try these things in the past for fear that something would happen. But after being inspired to change myself and challenge myself, I have decided that it is time for me to do this.

I may not have the ability to thank the person who inspired me, I may not have anything to "show" for my changes (yet) but I know where I am headed and what I have completed. I know that I am changing myself, for myself, and with that I will be able to create a better life for myself and my family.

ZUN SCARF

The newest Zun Scarf was completed this week. This time it was a scarf that was inspired by the person I made it for, my younger sister. My sister had wanted a Zun Scarf (or many as she had asked) to wear around. When I looked at her I instantly knew her scarf had to have some soft of "checkered" pattern to it. She requested a rainbow (which I would have added for her anyway) to be on it.

So following my Zun Scarf pattern the way I created it there are 2 skeins of yarn used at the same time, one side of the scarf you can see the "braiding" of the yarn going up it. The body of this scarf is mainly squares of yarn and open squares alternating all the way up.

The bottom ends of both sides of the scarf are black ends, with a rainbow (mixed with black) up to the start of the checkered look. The rainbows are a "darker" side to the rainbow. They aren't as vibrant as the other Zun Scarves, but they are there just the same.

Every time I see someone wearing a Zun Scarf I made, I feel all the more inspired to continue making them and inspiring others. I love the scarves I make and I love even more seeing happy faces of those who are wearing them.

Quote: "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
~(My childhood idol) Michael Jordan

0 comments: