BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 5, 2011

Inspiration Comes in Many Froms

For everyone the word "Inspiration" means something else. Inspiration to each person is as personal as their fingerprints. Inspiration by definition means: The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feeling something, especially something creative.

For me, I personally have found an inspiration for myself. Over a year ago I was injured while working. It resulted in months of painful physical therapy on my hip. I did everything I could, but in the end I was told that without the money for the procedures, my hip would just start to heal it's self the way it is. I spent the past year walking with a cane, on medications for pain, relaxing by using a TENS unit with a heat pack on it, and working on stretching my muscles everyday.

A couple months back I put the cane away and started to walk without it. Being only 22 years old the cane was embarrassing to walk with, specially holding hands with my 3 year old daughter. It was painful to walk any more than 20 minutes at a time. I kept up with it though. I would stretch my muscles out and start walking around the block with my daughter. Over a few months span I have become able to walk the block with little to no pain. I was proud to be able to walk without a limp after more than a year.

The inspiration to start walking without the cane was honestly my daughter. For her she had gotten use to helping Momma getting her cane before we left the house, but I didn't want that to be the forever routine. She wanted to start walking the block around our new house, and I didn't want to continue to hold her back. So I put up with the pains and pushed past them. It paid off in the end. Although I still wasn't happy with where I was.

In the past few weeks I have been re-evaluated myself and my life. I am sick of being the person being held back by an injury. I am sick of seeing the pity looks from others. I am ready to move forward.

While I was watching a Taiwanese Drama (Hanazakarino Kimitachie) of the manga Hana Kimi, which I enjoy, I realized that watching it was kind of kicking me in the butt. The character that was injured gave up on his dream. But after some encouragement from a girl who crossed the ocean for him, he begins to regain the strength to continue on his dream.

Wu Chun (Upper left) as Zuo Yi Quan


The character, Zuo Yi Quan (based off of Sano Izumi in the manga,) played by Wu Chun. After watching the series I wanted to learn more about the actor. I came across the information of the band he was in, Fahrenheit, and his life. I found it very enlightening to read about him. I came across a blog in which he wrote about his foot injury and how he felt about it. I could understand the post, it even made me feel like crying. He had a few quotes in there which I couldn't help but take to heart.

"You know what... I'm gonna FIGHT and let's see who is STRONGER!!!!!!!" - Wu Chun

I decided I am done taking tentative baby steps. I am ready to give it my all. I am going to fight my own battle now and beat my own injury.

Now I know that I my inspiration may never know he inspired me, but I wanted to put it out here anyway. Maybe someone else will read this become inspired. Who knows?



Links out:
Wu Chun's Blog Post that Inspired me: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/wuchun10cool/9939669
Hanazakarino Kimitachie Free Fan Subs: http://www.mysoju.com/taiwanese-drama/hana-kimi-taiwan-version/

0 comments: